Learn Interesting Facts About Animals
The Interesting Animals website has a ton of useful information on many animals that may interest you. Learn facts about tigers, snakes, ducks, goldfish, alligators, and more!
Did you know that...
• Animal shelters report that more black cats and dogs are euthanized every year than any other color animal.
• The Grass snake is the most numerous of the British snakes. It is also the largest snake found in the British Isles, averaging around 3 feet in length, although 6 foot specimens have been seen, especially in the warmer parts of the country.
• Lack of adequate water and cinch bugs actually go hand in hand. These bugs tend to attack grass that is stressed due to a lack of water, kill the grass, and eventually spread to more healthy grass.
• The comet goldfish is a relatively hardy fish, and can be placed in a pond just as one would do with the much longer living koi.
• Siberian tigers are the largest of all tigers. Their average length is over nine feet long and they weigh over 500 pounds.
• Japanese fighting fish are usually purchased for their beauty, and not for their attitude (they are friendly towards people however, especially the females).
• The largest alligator ever recorded was one from Florida which measured 17 feet 5 inches.
• The lifespan of many tortoise species is about on par with that of a human, although tortoises living well over 100 are not that uncommon.
• Snails can be beneficial in ponds and aquariums as they act as the street sweepers of the community.
• Your chance of being bitten by any of the types of bats is in reality exceedingly slight.
• Ducks who eat bread or crackers on a regular basis have organs which become enlarged and fatty.